cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject RE: XmlSchemaElement qname not set for qualified element + form not set right
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:27:14 GMT
This thread concerns the construct:

@XmlElement(namespace = "some_other_namespace")
int intValue;

Yesterday, Dan Kulp offered the idea (I thought) that this was the way
to get a schema like:

<xsd:element form='qualified' ref='son:intValue' .../>

Sadly for me at the moment, I note that the form property of the element
is 'none', and so is the form property of the referenced element.

I can code the javascript generator to force qualification in this case,
but is this correct?

One possibility is that jaxb is just not interested in form= on
elements, and only does qualification when it notices a schema
disparity. This leads to interesting questions about what happens when
you construct a WSDL/XSD that uses form='qualified' 'gratuitously', in
terms of what annotations result.