cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject RE: Current snapshot still won't shut down jetty
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2007 21:25:31 GMT
Willem,

I added your recipe to the EngineLifecycleTest, and it passed. So I
committed it. Perhaps you can fiddle with it until it fails and then
pass it back to me with something commented out or @Ignored?

Meanwhile, the test that I @Ignored (which gets the bind errors) is
still out there, just to make a redundant statement.

--benson

jhd.getEngine();

>         Connector connector = e.getConnector();
>         ServerSocket socket = (ServerSocket)
connector.getConnection();
>         socket.setReuseAddress(true);
>
> 3. Calling the bus shutdown after the shutdownService()
>        shutdownService();
>        bus.shutdown(true);
> 4. Do the process 2,3 again in the same test function.
>     In linux box, the NPE is thrown from here.
>
> The test is failed in the linux with the NPE when trying to call the
> socket.setReuseAddress after the bus.shutdown is called.
>
> Any thought ?
>
> BTW
> I will add a unit test for this case in the Jetty Engine some time
this
> weekend.
>
> Willem.
>

> bmargulies wrote:
> >
> > Willem,
> >
> > Should the process refuse to exit even if I haven't called
bus.shutdown?

> > Anyway, I just entered CXF-1120 in the neighborhood, which is a
> > variation in which the server tries to start a second time and gets
> > bind error.
> >
> > I'll go try an explicit shutdown.
> >
> > --benson

value="/${staticResourceBase}"