cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Yu <jeff...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion for new Main Wiki page for documentation
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 06:51:39 GMT
Hi, Chris

See my comments inline

Thanks
Jeff

Christian Schneider wrote:
> Thanks for the comment.
>
> Jeff Yu schrieb:
>> Hi, Christian
>>
>> I like the new structure mostly, below are some my comments:
>>
>> 1. I'd like to have full levels in the TOC, so people can see all the
>> stuff or even can use search functionality in the index page. for
>> example:
> This is of course possible. But in this case we should rely on the
> children macro with unlimited depth below the main topics. So we know
> the main page keeps in sync with the content.
> The problem is that the page will grow extremly. For soemone who wants
> to search something we can add a search button. I will show an example.
> The main problem I see with displaying all pages is that a human being
> can only comfortable work with up to about 10 elements per level. If
> you show all it will be quite confusing.
>
> Another possible solution would be to offer a second sitemap page that
> is completely automatic. I will also post a sample. The problem with a
> fully automated page is that you do not have much influence on the
> ordering.

I mean 3 levels at this case, not the unlimited depth. If users add a
new page, and want to be shown in the index page, they need to add it to
index manually.

>> Frontends
>>
>>    * JAX-WS Frontend
>>      <http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF20DOC/JAX-WS>
>>    * Simple Frontend
>>
>> <http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF20DOC/Simple+Frontend>
>>    * Dynamic Clients
>>
>> <http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF20DOC/Dynamic+Clients>
> Agreed.
>>

>> 2. MTOM attachment and JSON Support do not belong to databinding.
> Where could we put these? I think they should not be on the top level
> but I also knew that databinding was probably not right.
Maybe we can put the "JSON support" into the Restulf Service node...
people use json, most of them are using restful service, I think.

>> 3. It seems it is missing the wsdl binding part in the new index page.
> I put it to the WS-* support. Also knowing that this is perhaps not
> right. Should I put it back to the top?

I think put it back to top is better, since it is not belonged to ws-*
stuff.