cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Re: Testing strategy for ServiceWSDLBuilder
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:45:55 GMT
Benson Margulies wrote:
> I don't see any tests of ServiceWSDLBuilder in systests. This 'imports'
> issue has to be tested against Aegis and JAX-WS - the mock strategy in
> the test that accompany ServiceWSDLBuilder won't do it, I think. Am I
> missing something, or should I just toss in a systest.

I think the idea is that its pretty well tested through other means. For
instance, a bunch of Aegis tests grab the WSDL and then run assertions
on it. Which will use ServiceWSDLBuilder underneath. (See
AbstractAegisTest.getWsdlDocument(...) and run a few searches for its
usages. So it's tested, just not directly.

These tests would also probably make a good template for your tests.
Then you could do something like:

Document wsdl = getWsdlDocument(...);
assertValid("//schema[@targetNamespace='urn:foo']/import[@namespace='urn:imported:namespace'],

wsdl);

This syntax is off the top of my head, so it may be slightly off, but
hopefully its of some help.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse