cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Re: CXF-1101 - Use spring jms configuration
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 21:09:28 GMT
Adrian C wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking into writing my own Spring JMS Transport. I realize that this
> already something in the JIRA - CXF-1101, however its something that we need
> now.
>
> Can anyone point me as to some resources for getting started with writing my
> own transport. So initial information that would be useful to me is how how
> the transport is 'bootstrapped' and how the MessageObserver is set in.
>
> Thanks,
>  Adrian

Unfortunately we don't have any type of guide and it does seem overly
complicated to do. The best recommendation I have is to look at the
Local and AsyncWeb  [1] transports.

Regarding the MessageObserver: When the transport receives a message, it
will build a CXF Message/Exchange, and then send it to the
MessageObserer on the Destination object. The ServerImpl is responsible
for setting message observer on the transport. I believe it also takes a
DestinationFactory and creates a Destination for you as well.

Let me know if you have more questions and I would love to see the
JMS/Spring stuff incorporated into 1.1!

- Dan

1. http://fisheye6.cenqua.com/browse/celtixfire/sandbox/asyncweb

--