cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r583017 - /incubator/cxf/trunk/rt/ws/security/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/ws/security/wss4j/RoundTripTest.java
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 13:37:29 GMT

Honestly,  I'd prefer if this test (and the SequenceTest that keeps
randomly failing for me) get @Ignores and a JIRA then logged so it's
tracked.

Random failures are extremely bad to have.   If someone new (like Glen)
tries to make a change and starts seeing failures, they could waste a
lot of time trying to figure out why and can easily get discouraged.

The other problem I have is if the test randomly fails during the "mvn
release:prepare" step or "mvn release:perform" step, it's a pain to
recover from.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp