cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Guillaume Nodet" <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSGi bundles (was Re: Architecture of cxf)
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 22:19:46 GMT
I'd rather have someone handle it.
I've done quite a lot of OSGification of jars this week (smx 4, camel,
activemq) and it's quite simple.  The only problem as someone noticed
is that OSGi deals with packages, not only jars.  And one package is
not really supposed to be exported by several bundles.  Thus it
requires some work to avoid a single package being used in different
jars.  Once this is done, adding the OSGi manifest entries is quite
easy.  It then requires someone with a deep knowledge of the code to
mark some imports as optionals when neeeded.

So once the refactoring is done, i'd be happy to help OSGifying CXF :-)

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet