cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Glynn, Eoghan" <eoghan.gl...@iona.com>
Subject RE: WS-SX
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:01:04 GMT

[snip]
> > I would like to be able to configure CXF specific
> configuration items
> > (like key info) via a feature. Policies can then be attached.

[snip]
> I just don't quite
> understand what you mean by "Policies can then be attached".

Dunno if this is what Dan was referring to, but bear in mind that
WS-Policy assertions can directly attached to certain features. The two
cases I have in mind are the <reliableMessaging> feature embedding the
<RMAssertion> and the <policies> feature embedding *any* policy
assertion.

This certainly adds flexibility, but at the cost of some potential
confusion. At least I've found when explaining the choice between
enabling WS-RM via policy or feature, that the glazed-eye look is most
likely to occur when the two approaches are conflated via an RMAssertion
attached to a reliableMessaging feature.

Cheers,
Eoghan

Registered Number: 171387