cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Glynn, Eoghan" <eoghan.gl...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Policies and features (Was : WS-SX)
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 08:41:40 GMT

Yep, the possibility of the WSDL "sanitization" being over-looked is one
of the things I was thinking about when I mentioned this extra step in
the deployment work-flow being an issue.

One approach to ensuring the sanitization always occurs would be only
publish WSDL to secure clients via the dynamic route (i.e. via a HTTP
"GET ...?wsdl" as opposed to a static copy of the WSDL file). Then the
pre-processing of the WSDL could be plugged into the WSDL QueryHandler
logic.

It would be clunky, but at least less error-prone than relying on the
deployer to manually run a pre-processor over the WSDL before
provisioning a static copy to the client.

Cheers,
Eoghan

> -Fred
>
> On Sep 24, 2007, at 10:43 AM, Glynn, Eoghan wrote:
>
> > Now one advantage of the alternative approach (public stuff in the
> > policy, private stuff in the feature, merge at runtime) is that
> > this is
> > pretty close to what we have right now. We don't enforce the
> > distinction, but for certain policies/features it is possible to
> > follow
> > that pattern.

Registered Number: 171387