cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject Regression test .wsdl files
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 11:42:04 GMT
Over the last few days, I recaptured many .wsdl files as part of
implementing a 'tns' prefix. (CXF-972). It was not a fun process.  I
have some ideas:

1)     Make all the file names consistent. In some cases, the files in
the 'expected' directory have the same name as the generated files. In
other cases, they are different. Since they live in separate
directories, they could have identical names.

2)     Teach the Eclipse projects to copy them from src to test-classes.
I was running tests in Eclipse to get failure details. Then I would fix
the reference file, and then run mvn to get it to copy, and then running
Eclipse some more. Running Maven while Eclipse is up causes chaos in
Eclipse, as source folders are deleted and recreated.

3)     Create a recapture script. The idea would be as follows: when
someone is making a change to wsdl generation, they have to manually
check all these wsdls. So, have some sort of maven target that will
create a proposed set of new files and run diff on them (instead of
seeing the diffs dribble out as unit test failures). Once the developer
is happy, another maven target would copy the new files into the src
hierarchy. The script would deal with the copyright notices.