cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject targetNamespace
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 14:09:31 GMT
I'm reasonably clear that the first part of the problem with CXF-959 is
that NamespaceHelper.getPrefix is ignorant of the targetNamespace
attribute of the schema. However, I'm not quite sure what to do about
this. Examples I see all over the web leave types in the targetNamespace
unqualified, but carefully qualify xsd: types. The WSDL coming out of
CXF doesn't qualify xsd types, but doesn't pay attention to the
targetNamespace. What's correct?

It is possible that there is a deeper problem being masked here, that
would work like this:

Step 1: type is in namespace not yet on namespace list.

Step 2: getUniquePrefix operates at the schema level, and ignores
prefixes at the wsdl level. This is OK, as far as it goes, except that

Step 3: someone later decides that since the 'ns1' prefix is defined on
the wsdl, it should not be emitted on the schema element, even if the
URI's are different!

I think I'll poke at (3).