cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject Thoughts on generated Javascript
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:53:31 GMT
The Javascript project consists of deploying, really, three artifacts:

1)     Some common code to manage communications with a server in
Firefox/Mozilla or IE. (Don't ask me about https, I have no idea if it
can be done). This code should only be loaded into the browser once per
page, or perhaps once, altogether (*).

2)     Classes generated from the XSD that model the objects used in a
service. We at Basis never considered the equivalent of the 'Soap 1.1'
support in CXF, we only worked with per-service schemata. There are some
issues with what consists of a clean way of managing the namespace in
Javascript.

3)     Classes generated from the WSDL that model the operations.

(*) I'm wondering if we should even think about the mozilla Javascript
code-signing mechanism here.

A page might talk to more than one service. So, to avoid redundancy, I
think that we need a somewhat more complex URL structure than simple ?js
delivering the entire pile.

I have no idea how to avoid chaos if two services have classes in
common, other than that the last one loaded wins.

I'm not especially attached to how the existing code wraps things for
name isolation. If anyone else has a proposed best practice for mapping
from a URI to some javascript scoping construct, please speak up.