cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject RE: Is the idea of wsdl2java (aegis) really useful?
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2007 14:36:02 GMT
I trust that our colleagues on the far side of the Pacific are reading
this thread and will chime in if they disagree, as they were the ones
who asked me if I intended to proceed to the 'other direction,' I think.

________________________________

From: Dan Diephouse [mailto:dan.diephouse@mulesource.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2007 4:14 PM
To: cxf-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Is the idea of wsdl2java (aegis) really useful?

Yeah, I think its definitely a waste of time to do an Aegis
schema->java. We would gain absolutely no benefit from it as far as I
can tell :-)

- Dan

Daniel Kulp wrote:

I had this conversation with Dan D. before and the thoughts were pretty
much exactly the same.   If you are generating java code from schema,
you should use the "standard" JAXB stuff since that supports more of the

schema types than Aegis does.    Aegis is primarily targeted for the
Java first case.   Having java -> wsdl tools for it makes sense.
However, the wsdl -> java stuff makes less sense.

Dan