cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject A problem with Aegis files: no namespace
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 01:56:39 GMT
Aegis files typically have no namespace on the top element.

That makes them hard to validate automatically. The
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation inside the file can be used to connect
them to a schema, but I have yet to discover a way to make the JAXP
(stock JDK) parser play along with this. Xerces has a parser-specific
property.

We obviously can't go telling everyone to start declaring a namespace on
the top element, so I'm continuing to look for some other solution.

Maybe relax-ng wasn't such a dumb idea to begin with?