cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Ma <...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Is the idea of wsdl2java (aegis) really useful?
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 03:50:04 GMT
Hi Benson ,

As far as I can see , aegis data binding is complementary to JAXB
whether from java-> wsdl or
wsdl-> java direction .

I have not dug into aegis data binding code to find out if it can do the
following things ,but i think
having these feature in wsdl2java  makes sense :
1. Generating simple code-first-liked  java class that easy to understand.
2. Generating java.util.Data type without add a XmlTypAdaptor
customization to map xsd:dateto java.util.Date
   and other thing we need to use jaxb customization to map a shcema
type to a common jdk class.
And also we can use aegis data binding in wsdl first direction as it's a
faster and  StAX based data binding .

Since there are  some data types  that aegis does not support ,  maybe
we can add this support  in wsdl2java
later.

Regards

Jim