cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Re: Classes generated from ws-policy schemas
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 16:33:51 GMT
I don't really care whether they're in there right now or not, but we
will need these in the future to support WS-SecurityPolicy, so it might
not make sense to take them out. Of course the build needs to be
reworked anyway to use JAXB catalog files, but thats another issue.

- Dan

Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> Hi
>
> At build time, a bunch of classes gets JAXB-generated for all ws-policy schemas supportet
by CXF, in a rt/ws/policy module, see the module pom for details. These code-generated classes
are of limited value and are not actually used at all, rather classes found in the Apache
Neethi library are used. This is better, at least in the foreseeable future, it makes it easier
to deal with multiple WS-Policy namespaces at the code level given that the actual schema
definitions are virtually the same across multiple schema versions.

> Would any object if I update the ws policy module pom not to code-generate policy classes
? This change can be reverted if the need to deal with version/namespace-specific classes
ever arises in the future

> Cheers, Sergey

> Registered Number: 171387

Dan Diephouse