cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proxy, Map, Aegis, Pain, Suffering
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 21:23:27 GMT

Benson,

The areas that I usually have breakpoints set when doing low level
debugging are:

PhaseInterceptorChain:
I ALWAYS have a breakpoint  in the "catch" clause as line 210.   If
anything throws an exception, it usually ends up there.

When trying to figure out whats going on, I have a breakpoint on the line
just above that:
currentInterceptor.handleMessage(message);
so I can trace into any interceptor that seems "interesting".

When doing Databinding work, you also need a breakpoint in the
AbstractOutDatabindingInterceptor and AbstractInDatabindingInterceptor.
Specifically, if you break in the getDataReader/getDataWriter calls, you
can trap where it is preparing to write the objects.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer