cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0.2-incubator (take 2)
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 23:57:02 GMT

This is a vote to release CXF 2.0.2-incubator.

Once again, there have been a LOT of bug fixes and enhancements that have
been done compared to the 2.0.1 release.   73 JIRA issues are marked as
resolved for 2.0.2 which is an incredible amount of work for a patch
release.  Very nicely done everyone.

Note: the main changes between this and the first take are:
1) NOTICE file has additional stuff to copy contents of NOTICE files from
the included ASL jars.
2) Bouncy Castle jar is removed (patent incumbrance issues) and a note is
added to the README on how to get ws-security working.
3) Several bug fixes in aegis (xfire migration)
4) Several bug fixes to get the Geronimo TCK's passing with 2.0.2.
5) A bunch of files that had missing Apache headers got them added.

For a full list of the issues, see:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12312672&styleName=Html&projectId=12310511&Create=Create

The staging area is at:
http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.0.2-incubator-take2/

The distributions are in the "dist" directory.
The "m2_repo" directory contains the stuff that will by pushed
to the m2-incubating-repository.

This release is tagged at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/tags/cxf-2.0.2-incubator/

I've also created a list of the "!????" files from rat and categoriezed
them:
http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.0.2-incubator-take2/rat.unknowns.txt
This is checked into SVN along with the tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/tags/cxf-2.0.2-incubator/etc/rat.unknowns.txt

Here is my +1.   The vote will be open here for at least 72 hours.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer