cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: No warnings for unused imports
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 15:14:31 GMT
On Tuesday 04 September 2007, Benson Margulies wrote:
> Howcome warnings for unused imports aren't enabled in eclipse?

I think it's because the jaxb generated code sticks a bunch of unused
imports into all the generated artifacts.    Thus, if it's on in
eclipse, you get a ton of warnings in the generated directories.
There are a few eclipse warning we had to turn off due to the generated
code not being "clean".

We DO have the unused imports checkstyle rule turned on so checkstyle
will flag them.    If you have the checkstyle plugin for eclipse
installed, they should show up.   For checkstyle, we can specifically
tell it which directories should be checked and which ones to skip
(generated code).

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer