cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sergey.beryoz...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Using catalog.cat files
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 16:51:34 GMT
Hi

I've done some investigation and unfortunately there appears to be no way to remove
an xsi:location attribute while still doing the validation. Spring DocumentLoader delegates
to the JAXP DocumentBuilder, for ex, to the Xerces-based one. The Xerces validator would then
expect
to find the schema files as specified in the xsi:location attribute.

The only way one can help the validator is to provide, through a Spring XmlBeanDefinitionReader,
a custom EntityResolver which will help the underlying validator to process this xsi:location
attribute. This attribute and a custom EntityResolver apppear to be the only way to tell the
validator where to find the schemas...

If xsi:location is missing then the validator will need to find out about the schema locations
through some other mechanism and as far as I'm aware, it would require a non-portable coding,
specifically, one would need to programm directly against a xerces schema cache.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem ? The problem is not how to use catalog.cat in order
to help it to validate, bur rather how to remove an xsi:location and still be asked for schema
locations and use catalog.cat at that stage

Thanks, Sergey

Registered Number: 171387