cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.1 thoughts......
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 16:48:25 GMT
I'd love to see AtomPub support as a new kinda front end / binding.
http://atompub.org/rfc4287.html

I've had brief conversations in bars in various coutries in the past
with DanD about this - previously we looked at some annotations to
expose RESTful resources using individual annotations on operations;
to bind a specific method/property to a URI etc.

Am wondering if an AtomPub binding could be simpler and a little
cleverer; as AtomPub automatically understands collections &
navigations through types together with the basic operations. e.g.
relationships, collections, add/remove/update semantics etc.

Another thing I'd like to see is some tooling/maven plugins/whatever
so folks can do contract first development, but instead of having to
edit WSDL, they could just edit RelaxNG Compact Syntax to define the
structure of messages; which then could auto-generate the XSD / WSDL.
Or even supply some example XML documents - which by using Trang could
then generate the XSD/WSDL. For more background see...
http://www.nabble.com/contract-first-using-either-XSD-or-XML-plus-Trang-tf3679800.html#a10288179

--
James
-------