cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject RE: Samples (was: How to deploy to JBoss?)
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2007 23:28:02 GMT
Speaking as a person with an undying hatred of (well, a mild annoyance
with) the containers in general, or at least Tomcat in particular, I'd
appeal for a balanced approach to this. It is vastly easier to debug a
service using the embedded Jetty endpoint. You just run from Eclipse (or
whatever) and there you are. No titanous struggle to get your stuff into
the WEB-INF directory, no fighting with multiple incompatible debugging
disciplines. And if your goal is a service tucked into some other
application structure, well, there you are.

I agree that, sooner or later, most services will have to be
transplanted into a container, but this is a process so annoying as to
motivate the programmer to defer it to the last possible moment. Get all
the service-side code working, and \then/, ahem, go to WAR with it.