cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Moesel" <Christopher_Moe...@avid.com>
Subject Futurific Documentation
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 21:49:46 GMT
Hey CXF Team,

This is just a warning about documentation.  Wikis are totally cool, and
it's awesome that we can update docs on the fly, but please beware when
documenting as-of-yet unreleased features.

I just spent some time trying to figure out why my policy attachments
aren't working-only to eventually realize that the online docs
represented what was in trunk, not what was in 2.0.1.  I had to dig into
the history of the page to see how to do it with the code that is
currently the latest release.  (BTW-the new policy config stuff looks
pretty cool...)

Anyway, it would be really helpful if we could clearly indicate in the
docs when they reflect unreleased capabilities (and don't remove the old
docs until the new release).

Thanks (and keep up the great work!  I hope to be contributing more
myself soon!)

Chris