cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Moesel" <Christopher_Moe...@avid.com>
Subject RE: How to deploy to JBoss?
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2007 13:19:02 GMT
Hey Dev Team,

Just wondering-- has any thought been given to having the examples use
maven rather than ANT?  I suspect that a conscious decision has been
made NOT to use Maven for the examples-- because the examples are the
only part of the project that doesn't use Maven.

I'm just thinking that using Maven could possibly make this a lot easier
for users to try-- it could build a war, it could use the jetty or cargo
plugin to run an embedded web server, or it could use the exec plugin to
run standalone examples with the classpath automatically set up for you.
But... it also requires the user to know Maven. =/

Anyway, just wondering if this topic has already been run to the ground.

-Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Krueger [mailto:raykrueger@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 9:09 AM
To: cxf-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to deploy to JBoss?

The CXF crew should look at making the samples deploy in a more
standard fashion.

Currently the deployment requires man-handling all of the cxf jars
into Tomcat's classpath, rather than packaging them into a WAR.

Building a WAR would give us the ability to try out the samples in our
container of choice; or the companys container of choice as the case
may be.