cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Jiang, Ning \(Willem\)" <Ning.Ji...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Need to run a "mvn clean" before "mvn install"?
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:11:04 GMT

Hi Glen,

"mvn clean" will remove the target directory from the modules.
I always run "mvn clean" before I run "mvn install".
And the "mvn install" does not include the clean action.

Cheers,
Willem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Mazza [mailto:glen.mazza@verizon.net]
Sent: Thu 8/30/2007 20:46
To: cxf-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Need to run a "mvn clean" before "mvn install"?

Team,

In building CXF[1], the guide just says for us to run "mvn install" --
but I incurred errors as a result that appear to be gone (so far, it's
still running) if I run "mvn clean" first.  Do we need to explicitly run
an "mvn clean" command before running "mvn install", or does the install
command include the clean one by default?  I'll update the Wiki if we
need to run clean first.

Thanks,
Glen

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/cxf/building.html