cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Jiang, Ning \(Willem\)" <Ning.Ji...@iona.com>
Subject RE: [CONF] Apache CXF 2.0 Documentation: Jetty Configuration (pageedited)
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 14:19:22 GMT

Hi Glen,

No , this doc is only working for the CXF standalone model which just start a embedded Jetty
server (which is not a web container) for the http transport.
It have nothing to do with the Servlet transport which need to Web container's support.

Willem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Mazza [mailto:glen.mazza@verizon.net]
Sent: Mon 8/6/2007 21:00
To: cxf-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [CONF] Apache CXF 2.0 Documentation: Jetty Configuration (pageedited)

Am Sonntag, den 05.08.2007, 20:41 -0700 schrieb confluence@apache.org:
> Page Edited : CXF20DOC : Jetty Configuration
> Jetty Configuration has been edited by willem jiang (Aug 05, 2007).
>
> Content:
> Configuring the Jetty Runtime
> Overview
> The Jetty runtime is used by HTTP servers and HTTP clients using a
> decoupled endpoint. The Jetty runtime's thread pool, connector and
> handlers can be configured. You can also set a number of the security
> settings for an HTTP service provider through the Jetty runtime.

I am confused by this.  The writing above appears to indicate that Jetty
plays a role in CXF even if you are using other servlet containers--is
that true?  Or is the above explanation valid only when you are using
the embedded servlet container option or explicitly moving the web
service WAR file to the Jetty engine?

Thanks,
Glen