cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: 2.1 thoughts......
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 17:27:01 GMT
On 8/7/07, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

> 2) Data bindings - XmlBeans and JIBX have been on the list for a while
> and I'm sure more XFire folks could find CXF more useful if we got those
> working.    There are two parts: runtime and tooling.

The runtime support is relatively trivial to port from XFire. The part that
concerns me more is the tooling as I'm not familiar with the tooling APIs at
all :-)

> 4) Rest stuff - all the buzzword compatible stuff.   :-)

JSR 311 support would be nice, but quite a bit of work.

5) WS-* specs - do we have time to tackle any more of these at this
> point?   Which ones should we prioritize?

The big ones that I see are: WS-SecureConversation, WS-Trust and
WS-SecurityPolicy. They're a bit of work though. I've started some work
locally on these, but haven't gotten that for - I'm more stuck in the joys
of getting JAXB and WS-SecurityPolicy to play well with our existing
generated classes for WS-Policy.

> I hate to ask for more ideas as that alone is a TON of work, but at this
> point, let's get the ideas flowing.   :-)

As I've hinted at before I think JAX-WS support should be our feature
whereby we determine when we release. I.e. once we pass the TCK, lets do a
release. If other features aren't done, we can knock off future releases
quickly as those features are completed. We might even make it out of the
incubator by then, so it'd be much faster :-) If we keep to the frequent
release schedule, this should help us get out bug fixes faster and generate
more project publicity as well.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse