cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Re: Implement JSR311 in CXF. WAS: RE: Feedback on RESTful services in CXF
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 22:34:08 GMT
Liu, Jervis wrote:
> 1. Building JSR311 impl based on CXF specific  APIs and concepts, such as service model,
frontend, bindings, serviceFactoryBean/serverFactoryBean etc. The biggest problem I ran into
is that currently CXF core is very much WSDL-centric. I did some hacks to make the core APIs
are not bonded to WSDL directly, for example, the Endpoint, EndpointInfo, AbstractServiceFactoryBean,
AbstractEndpointFactory, Binding etc, the intension is that they just represent a generic
service so that I can extend them with a non-WSDL based programming model. But I am not very
happy with what I've got so far. IMO, I don't think we should map JSR311 model (a REST model
or a resource-oriented model) to an internal WSDL model, actually it is impossible to do so
I believe.

> Currently I am working on a prototype for approach one mentioned above. I hope I can
send out some concrete codes and documents to the dev list for review and detailed discussions
by early next week.

Hiya Jervis,
I'm looking forward to hearing more about what you've done and your
thoughts on how to move forward. Glad you're thinking about this as well.
- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
MuleSource