cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Graduating.....
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 14:45:33 GMT

Glen,

On Wednesday 08 August 2007 21:19, Glen Mazza wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 07.08.2007, 21:49 -0400 schrieb Daniel Kulp:
> > So, the question becomes: what can we do to help others get more
> > involved in the CXF code?   That question is open to the
> > non-commiters as well. What can we do to help you?
>
> Personally speaking, I would very much like to move beyond my usual
> grammar checking and coding suggestions.  If people know of simpler
> tasks that are rather independent of other people's work, things I can
> do to start moving up the next few steps, emailing me privately or on
> this list would be appreciated.  I plan on spending more time looking
> at the JIRA's myself next week.

Just a thought, but CXF-884, while not "trivial", is not very hard
either.   The runtime itself already supports it, it's just a matter of
wiring it into the spring config and there should be a bunch of examples
of that.

Basically, in the ReflectionServiceFactoryBean (simple frontend), line
500, the method:
    protected boolean qualifyWrapperSchema() {
        return true;
    }
and the over-ridden method in the JaxWsServiceFactoryBean would need to
be changed from return the hardcoded true/false to pulling info from the
configs.    A svn log on the jaxws.xsd whould probably yield a couple
past commits that showed how to add config entries.   One of those could
be used as a model.   (this should be added to the "simple.xsd"
processing as well)

The next step, once that is working, would be to add a "-qualified=true"
flag to the java2wsdl tool.    :-)

Anyway, just throwing that out as an idea if you're interested.   The
fact that the JAX-WS TCK pretty much requires we use unqualified schemas
really kind of sucks.  I'm not sure if that interests you or not.

Once we switch to working on JAX-WS 2.1, more stuff should pop up as
well.   Theres a bunch of commented out methods in the jaxws frontend
that will need implementations for 2.1.      (grep JAX-WS 2.1)   Even
going through the 2.1 changelog and grabbing anything there is a start.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer