cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Sample Improvment
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 14:54:33 GMT

Jeff,

I think this is all great and I don't want to discourage you.   However,
this is something that won't be "EASY" for a non-committer to completely
pick up.    svn patches don't record the renames/moves very well so that
part is going to be very tricky to do.

What I'd suggest is to create a couple subtasks of CXF-763.  Examples:

1) Update "war" building for full war
2) Add javafirst_pojo demo
3) etc....

And go ahead and use normal patches for those.  Then add a "re-organize"
demos subtask and probably attach a script or something that would do
the series of "svn mv" operations.      Definitely not ideal.

Other notes:
javafirst_jaxws (will add one) - there is one already.
hello_world_code_first

As far as the hello_world_RPCLit demo goes, I'm doing a training thing
this friday and one of the things I'm doing it taking the
hello_world_code_first and demonstrating some of the differences that
occur just by adding/modifying some of the annotations.   It might be
interesting to try and turn that demo into more of a step-by-step
tutorial.  Maybe have the "RPC" annotation there but commented out and
have a step in the tutorial be to uncomment it, start the server and
look at the wsdl.    Turn on logging (@Features(...LoggingFeature)) and
look at the messages, etc....

Dan

--