cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Graduating.....
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 01:49:01 GMT

Jim,

I really appreciate the candid response.   Thanks for that.

So, the question becomes: what can we do to help others get more involved
in the CXF code?   That question is open to the non-commiters as well.
What can we do to help you?

I was sitting around trying to brainstorm with some folks this afternoon
and thought of one idea (I'll give Debbie credit for this):  is there a
way to mark tasks in Jira with an difficulty level?    If we could mark
some tasks as "Easy" as opposed to "Yea Right", that could make it much
easier for a new person to find something to get their feet wet.  Jim:
since you're probably the only one with Jira admin access, is that
something that can be done?  Add a "Difficulty" or "Complexity"
attribute with levels like "Unknown, Trivial, Easy, Medium, Difficult,
Yea Right"?   (I know VERY little about what Jira can do.)   If we
decide this is a good idea, is this something we need to file through
Infrastructure?

Anyway, to all the non-commiters: I highly encourage you to reach out to
the developers, ask questions, dig into the code, etc...  If you want
some pointers or need help finding where the code that does something
is, please ask.

Thanks!
Dan

--