cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2.1 thoughts......
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 17:43:42 GMT
On Tuesday 07 August 2007 13:27, Dan Diephouse wrote:
> As I've hinted at before I think JAX-WS support should be our feature
> whereby we determine when we release. I.e. once we pass the TCK, lets
> do a release. If other features aren't done, we can knock off future
> releases quickly as those features are completed.

I think the reverse is something we also need to keep in mind.   JAX-WS
2.1 support has the potential to be a significant undertaking that could
take a bit of time if enough people don't jump on it.   (aka: one person
isn't enough)    Thus, if the rest of the stuff gets finished, we could
be blocked from doing a release until the JAX-WS stuff is done.

Some of the JAX-WS stuff can be done in a way that would still pass the
2.0 TCK  (the JAXB annotation stuff for example).   We could try
tackling that stuff first and see where we are.   Maybe release another
2.0.x with just that as a step towards it.

Anyway, just some more thoughts.   Hopefully well get a lot of folks
really excited about JAX-WS 2.1 and it will be done quickly and the
whole issue is a moot point.   :-)

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer