cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0.1-incubator (take 2)
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 21:54:28 GMT

This is a vote to release CXF 2.0.1-incubator.   (attempt #2 to fix the
dispatch/provider issue as well as some hexBinary issues found in
attempt #1)

There have been a LOT of bug fixes and enhancements in this release
compared to the 2.0 release.   Many fixes are directly a result of bug
reports and requests from users that are trying to use the 2.0 release
and we should try and get them these fixes as quickly as possible.

The two main areas of bug fixes are:
1)  XFire migration (including Aegis databinding usage)

2)  Code first scenarios - services and clients with no WSDL.

However, there are a lot of improvements all over the place with over 60
Jira tasks/bugs completed:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12312401&styleName=Html&projectId=12310511&Create=Create

The staging area is at:
http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.0.1-incubator_take2/

The distributions are in the "dist" directory.
The "maven_repo" directory contains the stuff that will by pushed
to the m2-incubating-repository.

This release is tagged at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/tags/cxf-2.0.1-incubator/

Here is my +1.   The vote will be open here for 72 hours.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer