cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Documentation for Ant <wsdl2java/> task?
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2007 09:32:15 GMT
Looking more at this...

Am Mittwoch, den 22.08.2007, 01:57 -0400 schrieb Glen Mazza:
> I'm looking at this now...
>
> Am Montag, den 20.08.2007, 10:47 +0800 schrieb James Mao:
> > No, we don't have the doc yet, but i put a placeholder here [1]  (CXF
> > tools Ant tasks
> > <http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/createpage.action?spaceKey=CXF20DOC&title=CXF+tools+Ant+tasks&linkCreation=true&fromPageId=31506>)
> >
> > There are couple ways to add the wsdl2java/java2wsdl tasks to the build
> > file (http://ant.apache.org/manual/using.html#external-tasks)
> >
> > And we support at least two ways,
> >
> > 1. |<taskdef <http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/taskdef.html>
> > name="wsdl2java" classname="org.apache.cxf.ant.extensions.WSDL2JavaTask"/>|
> > 2. |<project xmlns:cxf="antlib:||org.apache.cxf.ant.extensions||">

Only the first needs to be shown.  Ant has lots of ways to accumulate
taskdefs, but we do not need to duplicate the Ant manual here in
explaining each one.  This information is not CXF-specific.

> > I have not try other ways, but should work as well
> >
> > For the options, you can find them in the task itself and the parent
> > class(CxfAntTask)
> > The codebase is in
> > cxf/tools/anttask/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/ant/extensions
> >
> > I don't know if it's possible, but i would like to have the same format
> > as the common ant tasks (e.g
> > http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/ant.html)

I don't think we should duplicate the same documentation on two pages
(i.e., define options on two separate pages, one for the command line
and one for Ant)--if the options are the same as the command line, the
sections on wsdl2java and java2wsdl should just be updated to show how
to use the Ant task to state those options.

Regards,
Glen