cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r551748 getFaultInfo() required?
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 01:39:35 GMT
Am Mittwoch, den 08.08.2007, 08:02 -0700 schrieb Zarar Siddiqi:
> Hi,
>
> Do you know where in the spec it stays that the getFaultInfo() method is
> required?

Figure 2.4 indicates that, also the sentence "An implementation
generates a wrapper exception class that extends java.lang-
.Exception and contains the following methods:"(*) before listing the
two constructors and the one method.

*on page 22 of the May 7, 2007 version of the 2.1 spec

> If the getFaultInfo() method is not specified then the user has the option
> to specify any additional properties for the exception in the @WebFault
> class rather than having to create a new class.  This behavior is also
> compatible with how XFire/Aegis did things.

> On page 21 of the JAX-WS 2.0 Spec it says that the class annotated with
> @WebFault can have two constructors + the getFaultInfo() method.  Since
> we're not enforcing the two constructors, why enforce the getFaultInfo()?

Hmmm.  I'm hardly an expert here, but I would say the bug is that we
need to start enforcing the two constructors then.

Glen