cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [CONF] Apache CXF 2.0 Documentation: Jetty Configuration (page edited)
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 13:00:14 GMT

Am Sonntag, den 05.08.2007, 20:41 -0700 schrieb confluence@apache.org:
> Page Edited : CXF20DOC : Jetty Configuration
> Jetty Configuration has been edited by willem jiang (Aug 05, 2007).
>
> Content:
> Configuring the Jetty Runtime
> Overview
> The Jetty runtime is used by HTTP servers and HTTP clients using a
> decoupled endpoint. The Jetty runtime's thread pool, connector and
> handlers can be configured. You can also set a number of the security
> settings for an HTTP service provider through the Jetty runtime.

I am confused by this.  The writing above appears to indicate that Jetty
plays a role in CXF even if you are using other servlet containers--is
that true?  Or is the above explanation valid only when you are using
the embedded servlet container option or explicitly moving the web
service WAR file to the Jetty engine?

Thanks,
Glen