cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Graduating.....
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 21:00:16 GMT

On Aug 7, 2007, at 12:51 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> The main concern, of course, is diversity.   There are a bunch of IONA
> folks, however, we do meet the criteria of 3 or more independent
> commiters with IBM represented, obviously Envoi Solutions,  a
> couple of
> independents.   We also have a couple folks that have been submitting
> patches and are getting "close".       That all said, despite having a
> lot of IONA folks, I think we've done a good job keeping the
> development
> open and in the community.   That's the more important thing.

Keeping the development open and in community is all good.
But, imo, as mentor, the diversity simply is not there
yet. My general feeling is that if IONA were to drop
its interest in CXF, many people currently involved
in CXF would go away.

I see progress being made in increasing diversity,
but CXF is not there yet.