cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject wsdl2js, namespace prefixes
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:25:02 GMT
When we built wsdl2js, we were working with a soap toolkit that allowed
us to control the namespace prefixes used in the WSDL (and the actual
wire protocol). This had a happy side-effect: we could assume
'presentable' prefixes, and use them as parts of JavaScript identifiers.

As far as I've ever figured out, XFire (and presumably CXF) don't cater
to people with feelings about prefixes, so we've got things in tns: and
things in ns0: and ns1: etc.

For JavaScript generation, I hate to force the user to supply some sort
of additional file to hand out prefixes. Is there some JAX-WS annotation
that would allow CXF to allow someone or something to spec out the
namespaces? Aegis has a mechanism that, sadly, doesn't quite work. I
spent some time on it in XFire and couldn't quite adapt the code to do
it.