cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject RE: Why www.xsume.com as a namespace?
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 12:47:07 GMT
Schema URI's are not supposed to change. If these URI's were published
widely under one name, it's really unfortunate if that domain lapsed and
got picked up by an unrelated enterprise.

XSume
> was a place (seems that the website is down?) that holds several java
> packaging and CPI (Continuous Product Integration) tools, which were
> written by some IONA and ex-IONA employees. XSume Toolspec is a java
> utility that parses and validates command line input based on a
XML-format
> file - tool specification. An example of tool specification can be
found
> from

trunk\tools\javato\core\src\main\java\org\apache\cxf\tools\java2wsdl\jav
a2
> wsdl.xml. I am sure you will appreciate how much XSume Toolspec can
help
> you out from tedious and frangible java codes like "if
args[0].equals("-
> wsdl") then wsdlLocation = args[1]; ". This toolspec stuff also
supports
> regular expression, this way you can easily add one line into your XML
> tool spec file to make your -wsdl option for example, only accepts
certain
> characters. XSume Toolspec was open-sourced to CXF back to one or two
> years ago.  Technically it would be no problem to replace XSume
namespace
> with some Apache namespaces as this tool spec stuff is self-contained
all
> codes are located in CXF and has no dependency on xsume.com. But on
the
> other hand, using xsume namespace would be a good way to remember
> contributions have been made by this small but powerful tool,
otherwise
> how we can get people like you start asking?  :-)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jervis

CXF,

xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.xsume.com/Xutil/ToolSpecification