cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Oisin Hurley <ohur...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse and the manifest jar
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:52:11 GMT
Hi Benson

> I am disappointed to note that Eclipse doesn't seem to be able to use
> the manifest jar on the classpath. I send this message in case I'm
> missing something stupid.

Eclipse doesn't respond to anything on the classpath I'm afraid. It's to
do with the fact that Eclipse is an OSGi application, and that the
provision
and consumption of classes and APIs within an OSGi application is
strictly regulated by a set of rules and special classloaders. There
is no
access to the system classloader.

Providing classes to Eclipse involves the construction of an Eclipse
plugin that contains the classes and the directives on accessibility
of those classes, formalized in a separate MANIFEST.MF file.

Such a plugin is available in the snapshot repository - e.g. if you
check http://tinyurl.com/26nrsg you will see zip files  (usually called
something like

cxf-eclipse-plugin-2.1-incubator-20070729.204751-4.zip

which represent the CXF all-in-one plugin. If you put this in the
Eclipse plugins directory and restart Eclipse, then the CXF classes
will be available.

  best regards
   Oisin

Registered Number: 171387