cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Liu, Jervis" <j...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Why www.xsume.com as a namespace?
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 02:53:54 GMT
I believe www.xsume.com and www.xsume.org were owned by Malcolm Sparks, the XSume was started
by him when he was working in IONA. Anyway, as now that the domain has been used by another
unrelated firm, it makes sense to me to change the namespace to sth like http://cxf.apache.org/ToolSpecification.
Glen, do you want to go ahead and create a patch please?

Cheers,
Jervis

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Mazza [mailto:glen.mazza@verizon.net]
Sent: 2007?7?30? 21:26
To: cxf-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Why www.xsume.com as a namespace?

I know they're not supposed to change, but they're also supposed to be
valid to begin with.  Did IONA ever actually own that domain (why would
it?)--or was that informally chosen because it was the name of the
application, with the ideas of getting a "real" official schema name
later?  If the latter, good--I think we're at the stage now where we can
get a real schema URI.

Glen

Registered Number: 171387