cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Contribution of wsdl2js tool
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 19:58:19 GMT
Hi Benson,

Thanks for taking the initial steps with this contribution (and for your
other unit test contributions so far).

I've taken an initial look through the code and wanted to relay some
thoughts. First, I like the way you've done this. Its simple - I was trying
to do something way more complicated back in the day and I think this way is
probably much better :-). I have yet to try it out on any actual services
though ;-)

My next thought is that if we're going to accept this contribution, we would
need to get it inside our build. We can help give you guidance on this.
Basically we just need to get it Mavenized, in the standard directory
layout, set up with the appropriate Apache license headers, conforming to
our Checkstyle/PMD rules, etc.

Lastly, I think it'd be really cool if we hooked this into CXF such that
someone could call http://localhost/fooService?js and get out a javascript
client. CXF has a QueryHandler interface which we can implement to do this.
That is how ?wsdl is supported as well.

Cheers,
- Dan

On 7/19/07, Benson Margulies <bim2007@basistech.com> wrote: