cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Ma <...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Code first tool proposal
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 03:05:05 GMT
Hi Dan ,
> However, think about it in the opposite direction....   For java2wsdl to
> support the other frontends/databindings, all the flags on java2cs
> except for -client and -server need to be added to java2wsdl.   Thus,
> java2wsdl pretty much already ends up with almost all the flags.   Plus,
> a bunch of work would be needed to get java2wsdl to actually support
> those frontend/databinding.    Since MOST of the flags are the same, it
> probably makes sense to just combine the two.

+1.
> The other reason is that some of the stuff java2wsdl does doesn't
> really "make sense" from the name.   It generates wrapper objects, fault
> bean objects, etc... that are required for JAX-WS spec compliance.
> (but we don't actually need anymore)  That stuff would be better served
> with a "-jaxws-wrappers" flag or similar on a generic java2 tool.

If user use simple frontend , we do not need to  provide "-wrappers" or
"-classdir"  flag for it . Also current wrapper objects is jaxb featured
classes,
we also need to check if the databinding is jaxb.  IMHO, this may cause
some complexity for user to use this tool . Can we provide two generic
tool ,
 one for jaxws frontend and one for simple frontend ?

Regards

jim