cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Ma <...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Code first tool proposal
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 04:10:38 GMT
James,

Thank you for your thoughts and insights .
> IMHO, the java2wsdl does support the jaxws, and simple frontend, but
> it's only generate the wsdl, is it the duplicate function in the java2cs,
> Or is it possible to extend the java2wsdl (we need to find a better
> name for it)
> Or java2cs will call into the java2wsdl to generate the wsdl files,
> and associate the artifacts (like the beans/binding files in case of
> jaxws)
Agreed . I do not plan to rewrite these function that java2wsdl and
wsdl2java can provided .  Java2cs tool can internally invoke java2wsdl
and wsdl2java
to generate client ,server wsdl for jaxws frontend .

> And the java2cs should also generate the configuration files, right?
> (spring, servlet etc.), and also we need have the ant tasks, so
> generating artifacts, and then compile, deploy, all in one command.
Great idea!   I will add three options for java2cs :
       -servlet-config
       -ant
       -all

Regards