cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Brad O'Hearne <br...@neurofire.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: Exception loading CXF service in Spring with HTTP Binding]
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2007 16:43:45 GMT
Dan,

I think you may have hit on the mystery here. I do not have an endpoint
interface defined on my @WebService. But the rest of your answer below
suggests that I may have done something else wrong in general. My
annotations occur entirely in my interface, i.e.

@WebService
public interface IUserService ...

and my implementing class has no annotations whatsoever, i.e.:

public class UserService extends IUserService ...

and from the past posts I have, you'll see that my beans.xml file
references the implementation class, i.e.

   <jaxws:endpoint id="userService"
       serviceClass="com.brad.user.IUserService"
       implementor="com.brad.user.UserService"
       address="/UserService"
       bindingUri="http://apache.org/cxf/binding/http"

       <jaxws:serviceFactory>
           <ref bean="JaxWsServiceFactoryBean" />
       </jaxws:serviceFactory>
   </jaxws:endpoint>

This was the pattern used in XFire which worked, and the pattern set
forth in the CXF user's guide, as in:
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/http-binding.html

But perhaps I've read it wrong. So I'll ask...

1. Should my annotations be on my implementation class or my interface
class?
2. Depending on the answer to 1), if annotations are put in the
interface, the endpointInterface attribute would logically always be the
same name as that interface. Is this accurate?
3. Should the implementor attribute in the beans.xml jaxws:endpoint
element reference the interface, or the imlementation?

Thanks a ton for helping out Dan, it is sincerely appreciated. I'll
throw that endpointInterface attribute on my @WebService annotation
right now (which presently sits in my interface) and see what happens.

Brad