cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Smyth <andrea.sm...@iona.com>
Subject MAPTest (and others) failing on Windows
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 16:54:53 GMT
I was recently looking into building CXF on HP-UX and came accross a
problem in relation to non-anonymous replyTo. I found I could work
around this problem by configuring the http client to use keep-alive
connections in such a case, and merged a couple of test code changes to
address the issue http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=551872
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=551872>
I had never seen this problem on other platforms before, and was under
the impression it is specific to HP-UX (hence the conservative "fix")
until today I am encountering similar problems on Windows.
MAPTest fails intermittently in one or more of its test cases, also with
a SocketException as can be seen in stack trace below.
The same workaround seems to help here also, (e.g. in MAPTest.java use
the cxf-hpux.xml instead of cxf.xml when on HP-UX OR Windows), but as I
know for sure that this test was passing reliably until one or two weeks
ago (can't be more precise here) I think this needs further
investigation and have created JIRA for this
Has anyone else come accross this problem and might have an idea about
the cause?

Cheers,
Andrea.

Registered Number: 171387