cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WSDL and parts
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 16:34:36 GMT

Benson,

On Monday 30 July 2007 14:37, Benson Margulies wrote:
> I'm working on the wsdl2js code as it interacts with CXF.
>
> The code, written to work with doc/literal services, thinks that it
> can do this from an operation:
>
>  op.getOutput().getMessage().getPart("parameters")
>
> Such is not the case with Aegis. The reason for this belief is that
> the other kit we've used here to make WSDL files names the part
> 'parameters' even for the output.
>
> CXF calls the input 'parameters' and the output 'result'.

I think naming it "result" had something to do with issues trying to get
the JWS TCK to pass.   I don't remember the details (and I probably
wouldn't be able to say anyway).

> The question is, can the message have more than one part other than
> 'fault'?

Well, yes.   If the wrapped/doc/lit has headers, the message may have
more than one part.   However, only one part would be mentioned in
the "soap:body" section of the binding.   All the other parts would be
have soap:header descriptions.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer