cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Targetting 2.0.1....
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:27:30 GMT

We're beginning to get a lot of questions and issues on the user list
thanks to the 2.0 release.   That's great.    However, several problems
have popped up that need fixing and, IMO, we should try and get a bug
fix release out as soon as possible to address as many issues as we can.

I was thinking of trying to do the 2.0.1 build on July 30th, just over
two weeks away.   Does that seem reasonable?   What stuff needs to get
into that release?   I'm in meetings today, but I'll try and sort
through JIRA on Monday.   However, there are 24 things already assigned
to 2.0.1.  Could everyone take a few minutes and read through them and
resolve/close anything that's been done?

The major stuff I'd like to see fixed are some of the XFire migration
issues that have popped up.   I'm not familiar enough with XFire to
understand all those issues.   Dan D.: do you have a handle on these?
If you can file JIRA's with descriptions others could jump in and help
out.

We also have a couple people at Redmond doing some sort of interop thing.
I haven't talked to them yet to see what issues (if any) have come up.
Hopefully early next week we can get JIRA's filed for those and get
those triaged.

Documentation: this is always improving.   If Dan doesn't beet me to it,
I'll try and get a better javadoc bundle created for the uber jar.   We
probably should create an FAQ on the wiki as well to hold some of the
common questions (like "when are you graduating" an "I get OutOfMemory
errors" and such).

Anyway, does all that sound OK?

--
J. Daniel Kulp