cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Tully, Gary" <Gary.Tu...@iona.com>
Subject RE: commons-lang dependency?
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:59:00 GMT
Hi,
The dependency could be optional as it is currently only used by the xjc
ts plugin that adds a toString() method to the generated jaxb types.
  > wsdl2java -xjc-Xts  ..

A user could however call
org.apache.cxf.jaxb.JAXBToStringBuilder.valueOf() directly to
programmatically splash out the content of a JAXB type, which would be
expected to work. This would be a half way house to enabling toString
for all generated types.

My main motivation for adding the explicit dependency was to make this
feature work easily out of the box.

If the dependency is optional, what is the strategy for a user enabling
the feature?
Does the user have to manually manage the classpath or can we provide a
lib directory from which all jars are automatically available?

Will an optional dependency appear in the classpath of the cxf-manifest
jar?

Thanks,
Gary.

Registered Number: 171387