cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept the wsdl2js stuff donated by Basis Technology
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:07:14 GMT
I have one concern about this--not the software itself, but the way it
is being donated[1]--software grant instead of the JIRA "donate to ASF"
button.  I would like to make sure that the software grant method does
not limit our refactoring opportunities with the code compared to the
"donate to ASF" button option.

I suspect there is a lot of commonality within the various wsdl2xxx
programs, that, over time, you're going to want to refactor, reuse,
simplify, merge, etc., them, sharing a lot of code in the process.  If
one of the wsdl2xxx's originally belongs to XYZ Corporation, will future
refactoring of that code with the other wsdl2xxx's become legally
problematic and messy?  Or can we still do that regardless of whether
the code is donated via software grant or via "pure" ASF donation?

Thanks,
Glen

[1] http://www.nabble.com/Software-grant-for-CXF-tf4143269.html